Links to Other Information

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Prayers Please!

As it turns out, the week before we leave for China, as we are trying to get all the last minute things done, the house in order, our bags backed, the boys and I have come down with some type of fever virus-David starting on Tuesday (with vomiting at the zoo because of what I thought was a food issue from Monday-and may have been)-David still fighting fever and vomited again all over the couch last night after we thought he was well.  He had no fever yesterday but then started back up last night after he threw up.  Joseph started fighting fever on Wednesday, and me on Thursday.  We thought everyone was starting to get better yesterday but apparently not.  Thankfully, Andrew is well and is taking on my monster walmart trip for the remaining days we are home and to stock us up well for when we return.  I hope he can handle it:) So anyway, whether this could be some type of spiritual warfare or just the latest virus going around, we would love to have your prayers that we could be well preferably a few days before we leave, and that Andrew wouldn't get it!!

In perfect timing, this verse was part of the passage I read this morning, and I was reminded that God is glorified when we rely on His strength and not our own to accomplish His purposes. 

2 Corinthians 12 :9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Now to try and steam the smell out of the couch:)


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment