Links to Other Information

Friday, August 9, 2013

Faith Challenging Last Minute Changes

All has went great on this trip and God continues to be faithful! However, we have had a pretty big change of plans when we arrived at the airport to fly home. Our flight schedule had us flying from China to Vancouver Canada with a layover, then to Los Angles. The problem came with Kailyn's passport. To even fly to Canada, she had to have a special visa, which she did not. Therefore, we had to make some tough on-the-spot decisions. Essentially, due to several factors, Amy and Kailyn have to take a different flight from me, the boys, and my sister. Praise God there was ONE ticket left on the evening direct flight from Guanzhuo to Los Angles! The faith challenging part is the HUGE COST to get that flight!  I was shocked at first, but I realize this is another part of that "stretching" that I so desperately need! He has CLEARLY shown me how much comfort I have in my savings account, even though I think I do not have that much comfort in it! And praise God He put into my heart to GLADLY give it all away in order to bring Kailyn home! We were not going home without her no matter what it took! I have no doubt He will provide financially for us going forward.

Also, I have no doubt His hand is in all this. Amy and Kailyn will arrive in LA within 10 minutes of the rest of us, so we will be able to go to Immigration together and the rest of the way home.

I do ask for your prayers that Amy and Kailyn have a good and safe flight. Amy will have a LONG flight on her own, so please pray for her! It is not easy being here (on my flight) knowing I literally left them behind! However, again, He has shown me clearly again my confidence in myself here. They are not and never were in my hands! HE HAS THEM! "He who began a good work in [US] will see it through to completion..." Phil 1:6. His work, not mine! His plan, not mine! His CHILDREN, and not mine even though He has allowed me to share them with Him!

Confident in Christ!
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment