Links to Other Information

Monday, September 23, 2013

LIfe with 3....

This blog is just a follow up to the last...and honestly just some relax time for me that I shouldn't be taking anyway:)  But I didn't just want to leave our readers or the blog just hanging!  Anyway,  without going into every little detail that I would just love to share with you -I will just say that Kailyn is doing absolutely outstanding!  I will venture to say (knock on wood) that we just don't see the indiscriminate issues that were present in the first weeks.  We still want to stay on that path-we won't be passing her around, leaving her in a nursery or with a babysitter for several more months, but this Sunday Kailyn and I did make it into the doors of the church for the first time since China and it was so refreshing!  She just sat with me in my husband's class until she'd had enough and then we walked around.

As far as adjustment on our part-it is as if Kailyn has always been in our family.  She is so vibrant and full of life and personality, it is just hard to fathom that anyone could have abandoned her.  And she is a continual reminder to me of all of the other children out there who just need a chance...and of course, the memory of China... that all of us who live in the US are truly blessed...with freedom, with hope of life, with abundant opportunity to know and to share the Gospel.

My daily life is busier than it ever has been, coffee is a very good friend of mine, and I am sure this is true of anyone who has three children and any young ones at home.  I once again am back to scheduling all of my time around a two hour nap, in which I race to get as much done as possible, and  this time must be fit in before time to get the boys, and early is good so she'll go to sleep when the boys have to be in bed:)  Kailyn is still having appointments, catch up work to do with her weight,  and motor skills, language, speech and a pending surgery.  But it is a good busy-and there is no greater joy than being a mom who gets to spend her life pouring into three precious children, and we would do it all again!




Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.  Psalm 34:8










No comments:

Post a Comment