Links to Other Information

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Shower!


Yesterday some moms that I have become friends with through the preschool that both of my boys have attended graciously gave me a shower for Kailyn!  It was so perfect (at the playground-with kids) and such a wonderful memory to have as a part of this adoption journey!  I am so thankful for the support that God has placed all around us during this adoption and I could not feel more blessed to have gotten to know these wonderful ladies.  On the cake was the verse Phillippians 4:13-I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength- which also sums up where our strength is coming from to finish the tasks that God has give our family to do at this time.   As we look back over the past year and a half, since we have started this journey, it seems like God has taken this time to push us to the end of ourselves in so many ways and has give us so many other issues to plow through on top of this adoption.  This may sound a little strange to some of you, but there have been so many times when I have felt the weakness of my own flesh, completely exhausted mentally and emotionally not only because of the roller coaster of the adoption process, but also as we have felt God moving us to work toward some other goals.  But at the very same time, feeling a strength and energy that is not coming from within ourselves at all, that keeps us moving forward and striving toward the goals that are set before us.  And for this we are very thankful and give God all of the glory and praise.  


I love this verse because it is talking about a seemingly impossible task that Zerubbabel cannot possibly make happen on his own.  But God is telling him that it will not be done by his might-but by God's spirit.

Zechariah 4:6 Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts. "







Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment