Links to Other Information

Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Bear for Kailyn:)

Just a short post today-last Tuesday a sweet friend who is also in our home group joined me for a first experience (hers and mine:) at Build a Bear!  If I were a little girl I would have been in heaven in that store!  And what a great place to keep in mind for a future birthday party!  Anyway, Andrew and I decided to go ahead and put together a care package here to send to Kailyn rather than order one from Red Threads (a shop in China that will put together care packages that you can choose) even though we will be using them to forward it onto the orphanage for us.  The little bear in the picture below has been hanging out  with my pjs so that it can "smell like me" when Kailyn gets it.  I also added the heart accessory which has a little gadget inside it that I was able to record a message from our family to Kailyn-in English and Chinese!  The main point of a care package is to help with transition for Kailyn.  So along with her getting a whiff of our smell, getting used to the sound of my voice, we will also be sending pictures of our family that she can look at until we get her.  With Kailyn being so young-going on only 14 months old now-both my social worker and I agreed that it would be best not to be in too big of a hurry to get this package to her so that too much time doesn't lapse between the package and when she meets us.  But I do intend to get it out the door in the next couple of weeks because it will likely take 3-4 weeks for it to actually get to her once I ship it.  Until then, I am trying to work on getting a good variety of pictures of our family and our house for the little photo album we are sending.   I'll post these photos as well as the whole care package when I get that done.   In the next week or so I'll be working on some immigration paperwork that has to be ready when we get the Letter of Acceptance-paperwork from China that we'll sign officially that WE WANT KAILYN!  






Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment